Half-size Great Horned Owl
Join the Wildfowl Carving Magazine Book Club and get your copy of Half-size Great Horned Owl
Wildfowl Carving Magazine is proud to present the BRAND NEW book, Half-size Great Horned Owl by Keith Mueller. Acclaimed bird carver Keith Mueller provides complete, start-to-finish instructions for carving and painting a beautiful great horned owl.
Keith has been demonstrating his bird carving talent for more than 40 years now, and he outdoes himself in his latest book for Wildfowl Carving Magazine. In Half-size Great Horned Owl, he provides an illuminating, detailed, and eye-opening workbench project. Not only does Keith explain how to carve and paint this magnificent owl, but also he explains the underlying anatomy and feather structure of the real bird—essential knowledge for carvers seeking to portray it realistically in wood and paint. Hundreds of close-up photos and Keith's beautiful illustrations work with the detailed instructions to make this a must-have book for every bird carver.
This book includes:
- Complete carving instructions with photos.
- Step-by-step painting instructions.
- Keith's explanation of the basic color theory you need to know for successful painting.
- An in-depth analysis of the owl's complex plumage.
- Photos and illustrations of the owl's anatomy and feather structure.